Summer 2020 Assignments for Incoming 8th Graders: (Two books required-one assigned and one your choice)
- Read and come ready to discuss and analyze The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. Each student will need his or her own copy of the book and should bring it on the first day of school. We will use it to for lessons during the first two weeks of school.
- In addition, each student should choose a book to read from the attached list. The assignment requirements are detailed on the list as well.
If you'd like to get a jump on the year, then spend time on the various interactive websites linked to the school website's junior high language arts page. Happy Reading!
During the 2019-2020 school year-One book per trimester in the following order:
- First trimester:The Mark of a Giant: 7 People Who Changed the World by Ted Steward
- Second trimester: The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- Third trimester: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
- Each student needs his or her own copy. Students should also bring a copy of The Mark of a Giant: 7 People Who Changed the World by Ted Steward by week two of the new school year.
God bless you and stay safe this summer.